Microscopy filter cube , we can also say filter holder . It is one of key accessories in fluorescence microscopes .
For microscope beginners , it may be difficult to install the filters into cubes. Here are some steps for filter cube assembling :
- Tools : Filter cube , Retainer rings , Emitter , Exciter,Spanner
2. Remove the two screws of the cube . Separate the cube halves , set the screws aside for reassembly later .
3. Remove the screws and clamp
4. Install dichroic mirror . Note that dichroic reflective surface faces to exciter .
5. Align the cube halves . Install the screws , tighten the screws .
6. Install Exciter and retainer ring with the light transmission orient .With spanner inserted into the slots , and turn the retainer ring clock wise to tighten it .
7. Install Emitter and retainer ring with the light transmission orient . With spanner inserted into the slots , and turn the retainer ring clock wise to tighten it .
8. Complete filter cube assembly
9. Kindly reminder
·The retainer ring shoulder side faces outward
·Set the retainer ring above the filter
·The cube threads are at an angle ,please carefully install the retaining ring to avoid cross threading
Any questions , pls contact Optolong team .